Re: on proposed new Arab script characters for African lanugages (n3882)

From: mmarx <mmarx_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 11:53:29 +0200

> At this point, regarding the dammas in question, it is a matter
> instead of providing appropriate documentation of equivalence
> (or non-equivalence) in use and explaining when one might want
> to use one variant or another in text.

> --Ken

Have I not shown clearly that there is not a normal
damma used by Arabs and in the Philippines and a
RIGHT ARROWHEAD used by West Africans for the same
purpose, but that damma has a continum if shapes
from a small-waw-shape to a angular shape.

When you add to that the clear statement by Kew
and others that the West African language
communities using the RIGHT ARROWHEAD as a glyph
variant of damma, this nonsense should be stopped
whatever stage it has reached, should it not?

maghrib_damma.jpg