Re: RTL PUA?

From: Mark E. Shoulson <mark_at_kli.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 10:32:17 -0400

On 08/19/2011 09:29 AM, Petr Tomasek wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to ask why there are no PUA parts which would be reserved
> for RTL scripts (i.e. would have the directionality set to "strong RTL").
I have long wondered about this, and I'm pretty sure the discussion has
surfaced here once or twice before. I know I've always found it strange
that the PUA is strongly LTR and not at least one of the weaker flavors
of directionality. Last I remember, when the idea of RTL scripts in PUA
came up, the answer was something like "Use the RLO character."

~mark