ARABIC LETTER KORANIC YEH WITH HAMZA

From: mmarx <mmarx_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 07:31:57 +0200

I am so pleased that there are some people on
the list interested in RTL scripts after all.

encoded are
ARABIC LETTER YEH (U+064A) with two dots under the
                             main part of the letter
                             ÙŠÙŠÙŠ ÙŠ
ARABIC LETTER FARSI YEH (U+06CC) with two dots under
                             init and medi forms only
                             ÛŒÛŒÛŒ ÛŒ
ARABIC LETTER ALEF MAKSURA' U+0649 without dots ىىى ى
and
ARABIC LETTER YEH WITH HAMZA ABOVE (U+0626)
this letter has in "normal" Arabic no dots under
the main part of the letter : ئئئ ئ

As you can see on the picture there is a variants
of this character that has dots in init and medi, and
no dots in fina and isol. Should it be called
ARABIC LETTER FARSI YEH WITH HAMZA
or
ARABIC LETTER KORANIC YEH WITH HAMZA ?
A third option (ARABIC LETTER MAGHRIBI KORANIC YEH
WITH HAMZA) is not a good idea, because the letter
although nowadays used in editions of the qur'an
-for_ the Maghribi, it used to be used in the East
as well. (I stress the "for", because the pictures
in the attachment are from an edition printed in
Medina.)
In the Qur'an the hamza is not always above:
if there is kasra on the letter, the hamza
is below too.

Is there someone preparing a proposal for
missing Quranic characters or should one
do it one by one?

farsYehWithHamza_small.jpg