Re: Code pages and Unicode

From: Doug Ewell <doug_at_ewellic.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 10:03:59 -0600

It sounds like you’re trying to encode glyphs or glyph fragments, not characters. There is a virtually endless repertoire of “shapes” that could be encoded, but unless each of these is a character actually used in a writing system (not just hypothetically), it’s probably not appropriate for a character encoding.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA | RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14
www.ewellic.org | www.facebook.com/doug.ewell | @DougEwell ­