Re: C1 Control Pictures Proposal

From: Sean Leonard <lists+unicode_at_seantek.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 01:49:46 -0700

On Aug 21, 2011, at 10:13 AM, Doug Ewell wrote:

> Perhaps it would help for you to do a quick survey of applications that already make use of the existing C0 control pictures, and include the results in your argument. That might help convince some of us who feel the C0 pictures are only there for compatibility with previous character encodings

This is a reasonable request. In a follow-up post or in any event in the formal proposal, I shall include examples of use of and/or demand for the representation of control pictures.

I would like to ask you/the list for the sources for C0 control pictures. They appear to be ANSI X3.32 and ISO 2047. (Also, FIPS Pub. 1-2, which consolidates ANSI X3.32 and some others.) Does anybody have these, and can you look the pictures up? In particular, X3.32 is withdrawn...

-Sean