Re: RTL PUA?

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 15:45:20 +0200

2011/8/22 Peter Constable <petercon_at_microsoft.com>:
> From: unicode-bounce_at_unicode.org [mailto:unicode-bounce_at_unicode.org] On Behalf Of Asmus Freytag
>
>> Treating PUA characters as ON is very problematic
>
> As would be changing the default property of PUA characters from L to ON.

I also agree with that. This is a bad option that would break
compatibility (the solution advocatd by Michael Everson seems better,
in that perspective, because it does not change any existing property
given to existing assigned PUAs).

Anyway when I spoke about "a computer" note that I did not use "the"
definite article. It is evidently implied that there's also a need for
software changes as well (so this does not mean *all* computers, but
this could reach someday *most* computers with their installed or
upgraded softwares). Your last remark in another message of this
thread was really pedantic.