Re: PRI #202: Extensions to NameAliases.txt for Unicode 6.1.0

From: Mark Davis ☕ <mark_at_macchiato.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 13:17:08 -0700

There are really a few purposes for this list.

   1. Cover the aliases for a given character that are in *very* widespread
   use in the industry.
   2. Cover the aliases for a given character that we have recommended that
   people use in UTS #18, for quite some time.
   3. *Most importantly, reserve the names in #1 and #2 so as to prevent new
   characters from having colliding names.*

There is no intention of covering all possible aliases from any standard or
usage, so the list has already been filtered down substantially.

Mark
*— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —*