Need for Level Direction Mark

From: Richard Wordingham <richard.wordingham_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 08:43:18 +0100

This is a summary of what I have already submitted for Public Review
Issue 205 (http://www.unicode.org/review/pri205/). I am mentioning it
here in case there is something wrong with my idea.

My basic idea is that one does not a 'level direction mark'. The
desired effect can be achieved by embedding neutrals in a sequence
LRM...RLM or RLM...LRM. They will then take on the directionality of
the embedding by Bidi Rule N2.

For an example, see my submission. It may be helpful to view the source
of the full page view, for that has examples in HTML written solely in
ASCII.

Richard.