Re: Letter from the Hungarian Standards Institution

From: Andrew West <andrewcwest_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 11:57:39 +0100

On 14 September 2011 09:41, Karl Pentzlin <karl-pentzlin_at_acssoft.de> wrote:
> Dear Gábor,
> thank you for your letter regarding ISO/IEC 10646/PDAM 1.2 - Amendment 1.
>
> You asked me to arrange for a German negative vote on that document,

I received the same letter, via BSI, this morning, and although I
haven't been able to find anything prohibiting canvassing in the
JTC1 directives, it seems to me that to write such a letter to all
NBs on the committee, using language such as "I officially request you to
vote No", is highly irregular.

Andrew