Re: continue: Glaring Mistake in nomenclature

From: Mark E. Shoulson <mark_at_kli.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 08:03:43 -0400

On 09/14/2011 02:55 AM, delex r wrote:

... as always, absolutely correct and unimpeachable points.

(has anyone even said you were wrong about your claims regarding the
history and usage of the letters? I might have missed it. but you're
spending all this effort trying to convince people, and it isn't even
really really contested.)

> For someone who call me fanatic, well he may call me lunatic as well. For them I can only say that “ Someone can be awakened up only if he is asleep, but not if he is pretending to be asleep ; so keep sleeping (??) tight”

It doesn't even matter if you're a fanatic. There is a glaring mistake
in the nomenclature of Unicode. There are, in fact, quite a few such
mistakes. There will be more, I am sure, in the future. Nobody is
"asleep" to that, we all know and acknowledge it. You should acknowledge
it too, and move on as the rest of us have.

There really isn't anything to discuss on this thread, is there? Do you
want us to agree with you? Then we do, or I do anyway: there is a big
mistake in the naming. It happens that this mistake, like so many
others, will not be fixed. Can we stop harping on it now?

~mark