Re: Letter from the Hungarian Standards Institution

From: Karl Pentzlin <karl-pentzlin_at_acssoft.de>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 11:14:44 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 14. September 2011 um 10:41 schrieb ich:

KP> .. the position of the German NB, as expressed in
KP> WG2 N4085:
KP> 1.) ...
KP> 2.) The German NB is neutral about the name by which the script is
KP> referenced in the standard ...

By private mail, I learned that this part of my original mail was
misunderstood by some in the way, that the German NB *now* welcomes a
discussion of the script name.

However, the cited position was the one developed *before* the SC2/WG2
June 2011 meeting in Helsinki.
In fact, during that meeting the name of the script was changed
(from "Hungarian Runic" to "Old Hungarian"). The cited position allowed
the German delegate (me) to agree to this change at the meeting.

In no way, it can implied that the German NB wants to discuss or to change
the script name again.

- Karl