CLDR v21 Milestone 1 available for testing

From: <announcements_at_unicode.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 09:22:49 -0700

Milestone releases of CLDR provide an opportunity to test a snapshot of
the next version of CLDR; they are not intended for use in production.
CLDR v21 is not a data submission release; instead, the CLDR group is
engaged in improving tools, and making specific changes to data.

Highlights include:

    * work in support of pending -t- extension in BCP47
    * deprecation of 'commonlyUsed' element in timezone names
    * removal of "whole-locale" aliases (data for constructing is in
      supplementaldata.xml)
    * first cut at incorporating European Ordering Rules (EOR)

The data is available from SVN as described on
http://cldr.unicode.org/index/downloads#latest_draft_version
The full list of changes in this milestone are on
http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/query?milestone=21m1&resolution=fixed
The draft LDML specification is at
http://unicode.org/repos/cldr/trunk/docs/web/tr35.html

----
All of the Unicode Consortium lists are strictly opt-in lists for members
or interested users of our standards. We make every effort to remove
users who do not wish to receive e-mail from us. To see why you are getting
this mail and how to remove yourself from our lists if you want, please
see http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html#announcements