Re: [indic] Re: Lack of Complex script rendering support on Android

From: Shriramana Sharma <samjnaa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 11:50:23 +0530

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Christopher Fynn <chris.fynn_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> For under Rs
> 1,500/- new I can buy a small Nokia phone that I can use to send and
> display SMS text messages in Devanagri - this is transmitted and
> received in Unicode.

My Nokia X1-01 has Hindi (Deva -- I use this for Sanskrit), Gujarati,
Marathi (probably Deva with eyelash support in input method), Tamil,
Bengali [no Assamese ;)], Telugu, Punjabi, Kannada, Malayalam as
language options.

BTW it's interesting and pleasing that you know what Indian languages
are supported by phones at what price in India. :)

--
Shriramana Sharma