Re: [indic] Re: Lack of Complex script rendering support on Android

From: கா. சேது | කා. සේතු | K. Sethu <skhome_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 22:27:42 +0530

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 9:07 PM, Shriramana Sharma <samjnaa_at_gmail.com> wrote:
[..]

> Just got my new Sony Ericsson Neo V today. Has inbuilt support for
> Devanagari/Bengali rendering. Perhaps they are processing through each
> Indic block in order! Hoping that future FOTA updates will add support
> for other Indic scripts (especially Tamil) too. No built-in Indic
> (even Devanagari) input methods though...

If this [http://androidos.in/2011/10/android-4-0-features-that-google-missed-to-mention-at-launch-event/
] blog article was correct, then in-built support for Tamil should get
in with ICS.

And Shriramana, you are one of theHarfBuzz testing volunteers listed
in: http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/HarfBuzz/Indic for Tamil and
some more languages. Is the HarfBuzz (NG) redevelopment for Tamil
completed?

~Sethu