Re: [indic] Re: Tamil Anusvara (U+0B82) glyph shape [ Re: Dot position in Gurmukhi character U+0A33]

From: srivas sinnathurai <sisrivas_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 22:37:12 +0000

Michael,

I had this discussion with many of the western theorists.

I'm sure that you are sure what I mean by phoneme and what you apparently
modify its meaning to make some ways.

take it that by phonemes I mean different sounds.

Now can you answer the 5 vowels as PoA in Tamil and numerous vowel sounds
in day to day use in Tamil.

clearly different sounds, not allophones massaging, not phoneme massaging.

Please accept that Tamil vowel sign do not directly represent sounds, but
the PoAs.

Please accept that the alphabet as such was introduced to the world by
Tamil/Lumeri/kumeri/classical.

And let me know your thoughts on how this spread, please.

Sinnathurai