Re: ZWNJ And Non-spacing Marks

From: Shriramana Sharma <samjnaa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 06:25:41 +0530

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 2:47 AM, Eric Mader <emader_at_icu-project.org> wrote:

> Thanks. The actual case I found is Devanagari: SA + ZWNJ + ANUSVARA.
> Does this have some special meaning, or is it the same as the A-ACUTE case?

I am a native user of Devanagari (for Sanskrit) and fail to understand what
people can be trying to write using SA + ZWNJ + Anusvara! Is it a Vedic
text? Perhaps someone thinks they can get one of the Vedic Anusvara-s (from
the Deva Extended block) by doing this?

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 4:04 AM, Mark Davis ☕ <mark_at_macchiato.com> wrote:

> The biggest issue for indic is where the (n)j occurs before a halant.

Can Mark explain this? What is the problem when ञ occurs before a halant?

--
Shriramana Sharma