Re: Unicode 6.2 to Support the Turkish Lira Sign

From: Andreas Stötzner <as_at_signographie.de>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 20:28:56 +0200

Am 23.05.2012 um 19:40 schrieb Doug Ewell:

> This is why I called it a great fallacy to believe that a new currency
> symbol would bestow prestige, respectability, stability, etc. on the
> Turkish lira or any other currency.

I agree. And yet we seem to be very eager to bulldoze it through as fast as possible, leaving crucial questions and issues aside unsolved.

Especially the hazard of mixing up “the new design” with the existent € and £ signs will hit back soon, if we go ahead with this without corrections. (This is an aspect of practical life rather than of text processing, I admitt.)

Andreas Stötzner.

Andreas Stötzner
Gestaltung Signographie Fontentwicklung

Wilhelm-Plesse-Straße 32, 04157 Leipzig