Re: Exact positioning of Indian Rupee symbol according to Unicode Technical Committee

From: Tom Gewecke <Tom_at_bluesky.org>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 17:21:39 -0400

On May 29, 2012, at 11:03 AM, Christopher Fynn wrote:

> putting the Rupee
> symbol on a "102 key" type International keyboard would be of little
> benefit to the public there, unless hardware suppliers in India can be
> persuaded to supply the "102 key" type of keyboard as standard.

It really shouldn't matter, since the only difference in the software layouts which determine what the two different keyboards (ISO and ANSI) produce is what is programmed for the ISO's extra key, which is the one to the right of the left shift key. I don't think anyone would consider putting the Rupee symbol there.