Re: Missing geometric shapes

From: William_J_G Overington <wjgo_10009_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 14:03:04 +0000 (GMT)

I have made a font with glyphs for the four stars.

The font is available from the following forum thread.

http://forum.high-logic.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4028

I found two of the desired stars in regular Unicode.

U+2605 BLACK STAR
U+2606 WHITE STAR

I added the other two glyphs into the plane 0 Private Use Area, choosing the mappings myself.

U+E957 BLACK AND WHITE STAR
U+E958 WHITE AND BLACK STAR

I chose the two Private Use Area mappings so that the Alt codes were in sequence as regards their last four digits, thinking that this might be helpful to people using the font with WordPad.

Characters and Alt codes.

★ 9733
☆ 9734
 59735