Letargy of the ISO 639-5 standard : is it dead ?

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 01:48:11 +0100

I had sent a report to the ISO 639-5 RA on last 19 May 2012 about the
incoherent status of Bihari betwen ISO 639-3 (which describes it as a
"collection" code) and ISO 639-5 where it was still not listed.

The report was forgotten for several months (someone in charge of the
RA got retired and nobody noticed the report). So I then joined them
again on 7 July 2012 to query them about the status of the report
(nothing was replied since then).

Finally they replied me in last August 8 2012 with this :

[citation]

After further consultation with our colleagues on the ISO 639 Joint
Advisory Committee, it was determined that the code for Bihari should be
added to the ISO 639-5 code list. The code will be added to ISO 639-5 as
such:

[bih] for Bihari languages (in French: langues bihari); the hierarchy will
be: ine, iir, bih (Indo-European, Indo-Iranian, Bihari).

The data will be entered into our system, though it may take a few weeks
before the public information is displayed on the ISO 639-5 RA website.

[/citation]

But not we are about 30 weeks later and nothing has changed. The last
updates published by ISO 639-5 RA are only dated in February... 2009
(4 years ago).

Is this ISO 639-5 RA really active (i.e. the Library of Congress, for
the administrative part, but also the ISO comity) ? Could we consider
that the ISO 639-5 standard is in fact completely defunct ?