A research idea for entering characters

From: William_J_G Overington <wjgo_10009_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 09:36:16 +0100 (BST)

Text is for reading by humans. QR codes are for reading by computers. I wondered if it would be possible to have images that could be read by both humans and computers. I am experimenting with trying to produce images that are in some ways similar to QR codes yet in many ways different from QR codes such that they could be read by both humans and computers. I have produced a font to support this experimentation. Here is a link to the High-Logic forum thread where there is more information and from where the font can be obtained. http://forum.high-logic.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4212 The first and fifth posts in the thread are relevant to Unicode. I am wondering whether the idea could have practical application for entering some characters that are not available on keyboards. I am wondering whether the idea could have practical application for being able to enter characters without pressing keys, for example if someone is travelling without a keyboard or if someone is unable to press keys. Please find attached an example image. William Overington 6 April 2013

an_interface_code_with_an_added_image.png