RE: Arabic quoting characters

From: Michael Fayez <michaelfayez_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 20:24:02 +0200

Thank you all for your clarifications. I think there should be some clear hints that the correct glyphs of these two characters «» specifically are rounded in Arabic context as the pointed version is never used in printing except rarely (double quotes and parentheses are used in computer texts) . I checked 3 fonts Traditional Arabic, Simplified Arabic and Arabic Typesetting and none of them has the rounded version.And yes as Dough Ewell said characters U+2E28 and U+2E29 can be used in new data. They have the correct shape and properties though with the wrong size unfortunately.