RE: Odd "Unicode" Charset

From: Jonathan Rosenne <jonathan.rosenne_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 19:53:42 +0200

"Does anyone know whether charset="unicode" is at all normal these days?"

Without specific reference to the specific character set, you would be
surprised at the quantity of material out there encoded in any number of
encodings and character sets. It is not productive to cease supporting any
charset allowed by the HTML standards, especially as handling most of them
is not that expensive.

Best regards,
Jonathan (Jony) Rosenne