[RFC] Discussion about chances of some characters to be added in Unicode

From: Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov <unicode_at_mva.name>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2015 23:49:03 +0600

Hello there!

First of all, I'm sorry in advance, if my message's tone is not suitable for
that mail list.
Next, I'd like to discuss the chances of some characters to be added in
Unicode at all.
Most of all I interested about:

1) Full-height right and left isosceles triangles, positioned in the edges of
the glyph space (so, when concatinated with space symbol on the background of
same color of it's foreground, it looks integrally [ref: triangles_demo
attach, although there is font rendering artefacts anyway, but, I hope, I
clearly decribed the idea]).
ref: symbols on the both edges on the attached "pwl" picture

2) "Forking" characher (not the math one, but VCS one).
ref: in the middle on the attached "pwl" picture.

3) "Pause" (media) character (it is ones for "play/pause" and "play" in the
unicode already, but it not for "pause"). There is "cheats" like using two
vertical bars instead, usually it looks very ugly.

4) "Power" (like on power buttons on electronic devices)

And, actually, imho, it also be nice to have all of symbols from the picture
in the Unicode.

P.S. I'd also ask about some more symbols, which is "missed" in everyday life
and substituted with glyphicons on the web (but, you know, it is impossible to
use glyphicons in CLI/console applications ☹), like: "cart", "exit", "barcode"
(ideally, including also "qr" and "datamatrix" ones), and more, and more, but
let's initially talk about that ones I talked initially ☺

P.P.S.: and also it would be nice, I think, to have "icons" symbols of major
OS brands (at least, Windows, MacOS, Linux, FreeBSD) to stop them (first two
ones) of using Private set for that.

--
Best regards,
mva