Unicode in passwords

From: John O'Conner <jsoconner_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 16:33:25 +0000

I'm researching potential problems and best practices for password policies
that allow non-Latin-1 Unicode characters. My searching of the unicode.org
site showed me a general security considerations document (UTR #36) but
nothing specific for password policies using Unicode.

Can you recommend any documents to help me understand potential issues (if
any) for password policies and validation methods that allow characters
from more "exotic" portions of the Unicode space?

Best regards,
John O'Conner