Aw: The usage of Z WITH STROKE

From: Jörg Knappen <jknappen_at_web.de>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2016 16:05:50 +0100
Some anecdotal evidence:

I was taught by my math teacher (Germany, 1970s) to stroke all  z's (upper or lowercase) in order to
distinguish them from the digit "2"

--Jörg Knappen

P.S. What pan-turkic orthography is concerned, there were also a lot of pan-turkic Latin alphabets in revolutionary
Soviet Union (1920s) before Cyrillic alphabets were introduced in the Stalin era.

P.P.S. You are certainly aware of this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_with_stroke