Updating Three Specifications Synchronized with Unicode Version 11.0

From: <announcements_at_unicode.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2018 10:58:13 -0700

stopwatch imageThe Unicode Consortium is soliciting feedback on the text
and data changes in the following proposed update specifications. These
specifications are synchronized with Unicode Version 11.0, and slated
for release at the same time, in early June. Feedback is due by April 23
— this is the last chance to provide feedback on any changes and any
open review issues.

UTS #39, Unicode Security Mechanisms
<http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr39/tr39-16.html> updates data for
Unicode 11.0, adds a new section describing the handling of Joining
Controls (ZWJ and ZWNJ), and adds tests to Section Section 5.4 Optional
Detection for checking nonspacing marks and sequences.

UTS #46 Unicode IDNA Compatibility Processing
<http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr46/tr46-20.html> updates data for
Unicode 11.0, and extends the format of the test data file. The new
test format allows implementations to determine more precisely where any
validity test fails, and allows the implementation to filter for the
exact combination of supported features.

UTS #10 Unicode Collation Algorithm
<http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr10/tr10-37.html> updates data for
Unicode 11.0, and otherwise makes no material changes to the text.

Details of the Unicode 11.0 Beta
<http://www.unicode.org/versions/beta.html> and open Public Review
Issues <http://www.unicode.org/review/> are available on the Unicode
website.

http://blog.unicode.org/2018/04/updating-three-specifications.html

----
All of the Unicode Consortium lists are strictly opt-in lists for members
or interested users of our standards. We make every effort to remove
users who do not wish to receive e-mail from us. To see why you are getting
this mail and how to remove yourself from our lists if you want, please
see http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html#announcements