Corrigendum #9

David Starner prosfilaes at
Tue Jun 3 01:21:38 CDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 4:33 PM, Richard Wordingham
<richard.wordingham at> wrote:
> Much as I don't like their uninvited use, it is possible to pass them
> and other undesirables through most applications by a slight bit of
> recoding at the application's boundaries.  Using 99 = (3 + 32 + 64) PUA
> characters, one can ape UTF-16 surrogates and encode:

What's the point? If we can use the PUA, then we don't need the
noncharacters; we can just use the PUA directly. If we have to play
around with remapping them, they're pointless; they're no easier to
use in that case then ESC or '\' or PUA characters.

Kie ekzistas vivo, ekzistas espero.