UTC # 134 Logistics
and General Information
Jan 28 - Feb 1, 2013
4400 N. 1st Street
San José, CA 95134
(408) 956-3364 (mailroom)
1. Meeting Schedule:
- Mon. Jan 28, 10:30-5:30 UTC meeting
- Tues. Jan 29, 9:30-5:30 UTC meeting
- Weds. Jan 30, 9:30-5:30 UTC meeting
- Thurs. Jan 31, 9:30-5:30 UTC meeting
- Fri. Feb 1, 9:30-12:00 UTC meeting
2. Meeting logistics:
- The meetings will be held in the CBR room 1059 or one of the other meetings immediately near the front lobby. Signs will direct participants. Meeting/restroom/coffee areas do not require security badges.
- Please come directly to the meeting room, where a sign-in sheet and visitor badge will be available.
- There will be wireless internet access, which should support VPN. You will be issued an id and password for
access. Please contact your meeting host for details.
- Amenities: On-site Coffee bar with pre-made sandwiches, soups, coffee, snacks, espresso. Open until 3:00PM (?)
- Lunches will be provided. Please notify meeting host (Steven) as to your lunch participation and whether vegetarian lunch is needed.
3. Contact information:
- Steven R. Loomis (IBM UTC rep, primary host): office (408) 956-3230 (will ring through to cell or office)
- Mailroom/Reception: (408) 956-3364
- Emergency while on site: dial 9911
- San Jose International Airport (SJC) (closest)
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- Oakland International Airport (OAK)
5. Driving Directions:
From San Francisco - or San Francisco airport
- 101 South
- 237 East
- Take the North First Street exit, turn right and cross the freeway. IBM is on the North side.
From San Jose
From San Jose airport
6. Hotel Information:
- Larkspur Landing – 40 Ranch Drive, Milpitas 408-719-1212
- Hilton Garden Inn – 30 Ranch Drive, Milpitas 408-719-1313
- Crown Plaza – 77 Bellew, Milpitas 408-321-9500
- Embassy Suites – 901 E Calaveras, Milpitas 408-942-0400
- Homestead Studio Suites – 330 Cypress Drive, Milpitas 408-433-9700
Participants should use their corporate travel department or favorite travel web site for other alternatives.