Re: Thai encoding standards

From: Ibrahim Meru/Toronto/IBM (meru@VNET.IBM.COM)
Date: Tue Dec 03 1996 - 17:13:51 EST

Geoffrey Waigh wrote:

>Hello, the Unicode standard had it's Thai assignment based on TIS 620-2529
>which I was about to order from our standards body. Alas, it was
>withdrawn in 1990 and has been replaced with TIS 620-2533. Can anyone
>tell me how significant the differences are and if possible what they are?
>If there are any significant changes, does someone know how well deployed
>these two standards are?
>
>Thank-you,
>
>Geoffrey Waigh
>gwaigh@teklogix.com

Geoffrey, here is some information which may help you:

TIS620-2533 is the revised TIS620-2529. There's no significant difference
between the two. TIS620-2529 has been withdrawn and replaced by TIS620-
2533. Only minor details and clarifications are put into the 2533 version.
As far as Thai codepoints are concerned, they are identical.

Hope this helps.

Ibrahim Meru
meru@vnet.ibm.com
IBM National Language Technical Centre,