Re: iw

From: Edward Cherlin (cherlin@newbie.net)
Date: Sat Dec 21 1996 - 16:05:22 EST

>At 12:39 AM 12/21/96 -0800, unicode@Unicode.ORG wrote:
>>.vn Ao Lac
>
>I'm not sure where this is coming from (someone's joke perhaps), but
>Ao Lac is name of the mythical original kingdom of Vietnam, and has
>never been used as any official name of the people or the language;
>certainly never after 1054 when it was named DDa.i Vie>.t (Great Viet).
>See the DDa.i Vie>.t Su+? Ky' Toa`n Thu+, by Ngo> Si~ Lie>n, for source
>material on this subject.
>
>Glenn

Now, now, I said this was just for fun. It is not the official name, but it
is used by some AoLacese that I have met. Anyway, Glenn, I am impressed,
and you certainly get extra credit. :-)

Edward Cherlin Ask. Someone knows. cherlin@newbie.net
Vice President Everything should be made as simple as possible,
NewbieNet, Inc. __but no simpler__. Albert Einstein
http://www.newbie.net/Mentors/Cherlin/Newbie_Pages/new39.html (Spam)