Re: Arabic Requirements of the BMP

From: Rick McGowan (Rick_McGowan@next.com)
Date: Fri Jan 10 1997 - 15:10:36 EST

Michael said, regarding the enormous Arabic ligature set...

>> Well, font implementors like me will do the stuff, anyway.

Not necessarily so. I think it really is a big waste zone. Have you talked
to Thomas Milo lately? Decotype (those who kindly implemented all of the
ligatures to print the standard!) has really world-class Arabic support &
fonts. I don't think they're rushing out to supply all of these "useless"
ligatures to end-users, and I doubt they'd assert their usefulness.

        Rick