Re: Bring back the return address

From: Otto Stolz (Otto.Stolz@uni-konstanz.de)
Date: Wed Jul 16 1997 - 17:14:12 EDT

On Jul 15, 23:25, Bob Rosenschein wrote:
> Can't we change the mailing list e-mail sender back to
> 'unicode@unicode.org'? I liked it more two days ago, when
> I could sort through my mail by sender, scanning the
> prolific Unicode discussions at once.

To the powers that be: Please, leave it as it is now.

To all: I like it more, as it is now, as I now can reply to the
list and correctly ascribe quotations, without excessive cutting
and pasting.

To all, particularly to Bob Rosenschein:
When I browse through my incoming mail, I proceed as follows:
- mark the 1st unread message,
- sort in-box by subject (primary key) and by date (secondary key),
- read all messages with a given subject, in chronological order,
  saving or deleting them, as approprate,
- sort in-box by date,
- update in-box,
- loop, until in-box is empty.
So, I can read related messages together, in their right order.
Perhaps, this method would work for you, as well.

Best wishes,
   Otto Stolz