Re: HTML 4.0 and Browsers

From: Markus G. Kuhn (kuhn@cs.purdue.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 16 1997 - 14:05:20 EDT

"Martin J. Duerst" wrote on 1997-07-16 13:15 UTC:
> Anyway, as one of the members of the W3C HTML WG, I would like to
> invite you to send me any remarks about things related to i18n in
> the HTML 4.0 working draft that you think needs improvement.

If the browser designers would only follow the standards ...

BTW: Is there some mechanism in W3C, where people can complain about
brutal violations of the existing standards by Web browser vendors?

I have reported the very obvious bug demonstrated on

  http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/kuhn/bug1.html

already several times, and it still has not been fixed in the latest
releases. Many be, just quoting SGML and assuming that the reader of
the HTML spec is familiar with elementary principles of SGML is not
sufficient and the HTML spec has to be written a little bit clearer
than SGML people might feel necessary.

Markus

--
Markus G. Kuhn, Computer Science grad student, Purdue
University, Indiana, USA -- email: kuhn@cs.purdue.edu