Re: browsers and viewing page source, same?

From: Nelson Minar (nelson@media.mit.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 18 1997 - 12:30:42 EDT

>It seems some HTML editors (esp. Microsoft's) save any bytes above
>0x7F as character entities, no matter what character set is specified.

Is there any good reason to do this at all, or is this just another
example of broken software? Last I checked, HTML was defined with
reference to ISO-Latin-1. 8 bit. Why would anyone think it was a good
idea to convert it to 7 bit? HTML files almost always get transported
via HTTP, there's not really a problem..