General apology to several mailing lists

From: John Cowan (cowan@locke.ccil.org)
Date: Fri Jul 24 1998 - 16:48:53 EDT

It seems that almost all of my outbound mail for the last week
(everything except what I send from home, which is very little)
has fallen into a black hole. I have retransmitted everything,
using a different SMTP server.

My apologies for sending so much all at once. Also, my apologies
to those of you who will get this more than once (but it does
give a nice conspectus of my current interests if you look at the
headers).

Also, if any of the old messages reappear at some future time,
my further apologies, and I have no control over the errant server.