Re: S with comma/cedilla

From: Kevin Bracey (kbracey@acorn.com)
Date: Wed Sep 02 1998 - 07:43:21 EDT

In message <9809020841.AA04141@unicode.org>
          Michael Everson <everson@indigo.ie> wrote:

> The only glyph you should use (in a general purpose font, not in a display
> font or something) for U+015E is an S with a cedilla attached to it. You
> should ignore "Scommaaccent" as spurious. You should use U+015E for Turkish
> and Azeri, and any of the other Turkic languages writing .
>
> The glyph you should use (in a general purpose font, not in a display font
> or something) for U+0218 is an S with a comma floating below it. You should
> use U+0218 for Romanian.

Thanks a lot for your information, Michael. What a mess...

Would it be sensible then to set up my mapping tables so that ISO 8859-2:1987
character "10/10 CAPITAL LETTER S WITH CEDILLA" maps to U+0218 rather than
U+015E? I understand that ISO are revising the 8859 series to tie in with
10646 - is this being discussed?

Is there anyone from Adobe here who would care to look into the apparent
errors in the AGL?

--
Kevin Bracey, Senior Software Engineer
Acorn Computers Ltd                           Tel: +44 (0) 1223 725228