Re: New Bengali character?

From: Rick McGowan (rmcgowan@apple.com)
Date: Wed Sep 02 1998 - 20:33:06 EDT

Kamal --

Thanks for sending the GIF. It's an interesting neologism.

Brendan said:

> Transliteration of the character DEVANAGARI LETTER CANDRA E (U+090D) to
> Bengali resulted in something that's not defined in Unicode.

I'm not sure I understand this. When was this transliterated? By whom? Is
this something that a translator ran across? Or was it in some software?

And I don't suppose anyone knows where it comes from, or if it has any
official status?

        Rick

PS - BTW, Edward Brisse also just kindly sent a GIF, but for some reason, I
couldn't open it; very strange...