Re: Terminal Graphics Proposal

From: Michael Everson (everson@indigo.ie)
Date: Fri Oct 02 1998 - 04:19:18 EDT

Ar 17:16 -0700 1998-10-01, scríobh Markus Kuhn:
>Paul Keinanen wrote on 1998-10-01 17:03 UTC:
>> In ISO 8859-1 these are listed as
>>
>> 80 PADDING CHARACTER (PAD)
>> 81 HIGH OCTET PRESET (HOP)
>>
>> 99 SINGLE GRAPHIC CHARACTER INTRODUCER (SGCI)
>
>Are you sure about the source? Last time I looked into
>ISO/IEC 8859-1:1986(E), it was certainly free of any control
>characters. ISO 8859 defines only graphical characters.
>What exactly is your source on this?

I am not following the Terminal Graphics Proposal thread in great detail
because I think Elvish more relevant to my work :-) but I would like to say
that I hope lots of hardcopy examples will be forwarded to WG2 so that we
who are not so expert in the field can evaluate it appropriately.

Cf. the Western Musical Symbols or Syriac proposals.

Michael Everson

PS. Yes, I would make TTFs for them if necessary.