Re: Language tags (as if there weren't enough to do)

From: Mark Bishop (mark.bishop@pobox.com)
Date: Fri Oct 02 1998 - 06:24:03 EDT

Hi Michael,

 How would one do this, to embed the tag into the BMP file?

 Thank you very much, I'm interested in knowing exactly how we would do
this?

Regards,

Mark Bishop

On 2 Oct 98, at 1:51, Michael Everson wrote:

> The following is not my idea. But I like it.
>
> Why on earth are we using surrogates to access the Outer Planes for
> language tags (reported to be not graphic characters in a rather
> unbelievable trick of thinking) when we could simply code One More Time a
> clone of ASCII in the BMP which could be used for meta-text of any kind?
>
> Thank you for your attention.
>
> ME

HOW TO BUILD A SUCCESSFUL INTERNATIONAL WEB SITE
(http://www.aala.com/matilda.html)and co-author WEB PROGRAMMING
UNLEASHED. NewsDesk Member/Columnist. Voice/Fax (562) 683-2180.
Multilingual Web Translations, Internet Consulting.