Re: "CJKV Information Processing" Table of Contents

From: Ken Lunde (lunde@adobe.com)
Date: Wed Oct 07 1998 - 12:53:56 EDT

Smita,

You wrote:

>> Thanks Ken, I just checked yesterday and the bookstore mentioned that
>> O'Reilly had marked the book's scheduled publication date as
>> unknown.

The book has had a rather turbulent schedule, but you rest assure that
the book is done and ready for high-res imaging. O'Reilly is now
fitting it into their production schedule (not that they need to much
production because I took care of that).

>> If I understand it correctly, now there will be only one book, not
>> two.

Correct. In fact, O'Reilly's "FALL 1998" catalog has it listed as two
books. (This was all sort of a bummer because back in March or so I
had to split the book into two volumes, which involved a lot of
interesting cross-reference changes. It was like separating siamese
twins. When O'Reilly told me to stitch the twins back together about
three to four weeks ago, it was also somewhat painful. But, Adobe
FrameMaker's magic took away a lot of the pain.)

Regards...

-- Ken