RE: Terminal Graphics Proposal

From: Lisa Moore (lisam@us.ibm.com)
Date: Fri Oct 16 1998 - 12:44:25 EDT

Ahem. I would like someone to help me understand the purpose of this
proposal. Apparently many folks want a fuller set of terminal emulator control
pictures. It is not clear to me how these are very useful. If one wishes to
be in the mode of displaying all charaters in a datastream, controls and all,
how are these control pictures used? Is a control code mapped to the control
picture and then mapped to a value in a font? How is this a big advantage? Is
it the hope that if the control pictures are encoded, a fuller and more
standard set of glyphs will be developed?

Thanks in advance,

Lisa