Double messages generated by a single note sent to an email reflector

From: Alain LaBont\i (alb@sct.gouv.qc.ca)
Date: Sun Nov 01 1998 - 15:52:11 EST

A 15:27 98-10-31 -0800, Asmus Freytag a écrit :
>Can we stop sending messages both To: and Cc: the Unicode list.
>
>This probably started innocently enough, and then everybody just
>blindly went along with a Reply All.
>
>Please, if you are replying to a mail, check the header before hitting the
>send button.
>
>A./
>
>>To: Unicode List <unicode@unicode.org>
>>Cc: Unicode List <unicode@unicode.org>
>>Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 16:35:15 -0800 (PST)
>>Subject: Re: UTF-8 and browsers

[Alain] :
Yes, this is indeed a small annoying problem. Btw on a French list to which
I subscribe (on typography), they seem to get rid of all these extra doube
addresses before sending to the list. This is also an obvious solution that
could be centralized as we have no control on what people do but we very
well know the consequence of the problem that Asmus describes, and it can
eventually be corrected automatically.

Alain LaBonté
Tel Aviv