Re: The Atomic Theory of Unicode

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Sat Jul 10 1999 - 08:54:43 EDT

Jonathan:

Having read your latest (and last, apparently) message in this thread, I just
want you to know that I reacted very negatively when I first saw your proposal,
but now I might have been in favour of it if the characters you proposed were
intended only for math purposes. As you observed, though, once they're in there,
people will inevitably make use of them for other purposes. That's not such a
big problem for text that is intended only for presentation, but can be a big
pain if someone tries to do any analysis on the text.

For better or worse, on to the next thing...

Peter