Erratum?

From: Jonathan Coxhead (jonathan@doves.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jul 12 1999 - 20:26:03 EDT

   I see CLOCKWISE INTEGRAL and 2 subsequent characters listed in the
"mirrored" section of the Unicode Standard. I don't know a lot about
right-to-left writing systems, and less about how mathematics is layed
out within them, but isn't the notion of "clockwise" based on the
direction of the sun, and so the same in all writing directions?

   Are these 3 characters there erroneously?

   And if there are there correctly, shouldn't COMBINING (ANTI-)
CLOCKWISE RING OVERLAY and COMBINING (ANTI-) CLOCKWISE ARROW ABOVE be
present as well?

   (Maybe it's just the "integral" part that should be mirrored: in
that case, a note would clarify the intention.)

        /|
 o o o (_|/
        /|
       (_/