FW: Unicode - Win 95

From: Magda Danish (Unicode) (v-magdad@microsoft.com)
Date: Fri Jul 16 1999 - 12:00:52 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Barbara Nardello [mailto:barbara.nardello@objectway.it]
Sent: Friday, July 16, 1999 7:44 AM
To: info@unicode.org
Subject: Unicode - Win 95

Hi,
I have an Oracle database using the Unicode character set because I need to
store some names in
every european language, also the Greek.
I am working with his data using an interface built with Oracle Form 4.5.
I installed this interface on Win NT 4.0 and setting the NLS_LANG
environment variable as .AL24UTFFSS (Unicode character set), I can read
together the names in all languages rightly.
Then I installed the same Oracle Form interface on Win95 but I can't read
rightly all names together
in all languages.
This means that if I set the NLS_LANG environment variable in the
Autoexec.bat as WE8ISO8859P1 I can
read rightly the names in all languages, but not in Greek.
If I set the NLS_LANG environment variable in the Autoexec.bat as
EL8ISO8859P7 I can read rightly
only the greek names.
If I set the NLS_LANG environment variable in the Autoexec.bat as
AL24UTFFSS I can't read rightly the
names in all languages.

I would like to know if this problem is related to Windows 95 that can't
support the Unicode and if Windows 95 doesn't support Unicode, if there are
some softwares to install that can resolve this problem

Thanks in advance for your help
Regards

Barbara Nardello
Objectway Spa