Re: Fun: English spelling

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 17:24:54 EST

Bob Rosenberg indicated:

> Interestingly, Polish/polish is the only string I know of where
> capitalizing the first letter in the string changes the pronunciation (and
> meaning).

That's strange... I was sure that Mao Tse Tung always used to polish
his Polish furniture with tung oil.

--Ken

P.S. And if you nitpickers insist that I misspelled the late chairman's name --
that it should be Mao Ze Dong -- I don't give a good ding dong!

P.P.S. My friend Else agrees with my analysis, else she would say different.