FW: request for information regarding UTF8 support in postscript

From: Magda Danish (Unicode) (v-magdad@microsoft.com)
Date: Mon Jan 10 2000 - 12:58:17 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: rseaman@lexmark.com [mailto:rseaman@lexmark.com]
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2000 9:46 AM
To: info@unicode.org
Subject: request for information regarding UTF8 support in postscript

I am interested in finding out how I can send a UTF8 encoded file with Asian
characters as postscript to a postscript printer. Most all postscript
drivers I
am aware of will convert the file to a native encoding, such as Shift-JIS
and
send it to the printer in that encoding. Is there any source of information
you
could point me to to find out how to send a UTF8 encoded postsript file?