RE: Unicode Cyrillic GHE DE PE TE in Serbian

From: Marco.Cimarosti@icl.com
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 14:01:17 EST

<out-of-topic theme="The Italian for <i>italic</i>">

>I have never seen "italico" used in that meaning, unless somebody made a
bad
>translation from English.

The dictionary also lists this meaning, although the usual one is
"prehistoric dweller of italy". I too suspect that this comes from poor
localizations of desktop publishing software back in the 80's.

"Corsivo italiano" or "corsivo veneto" are rather recherché expression for
the same concept, but are maily used when talking about early typographers
like Aldo Manuzio.

Ciao. Marco

</out-of-topic>