Re: Level of traffic on Unicode List

From: Frank da Cruz (fdc@watsun.cc.columbia.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 11:16:17 EST

Marion Gunn wrote:

> In the space of just 20 hours endingThursday 11:30 GMT, I have received 72
> msgs from unicode@unicode.org. Does the administrator yet feel it is time to
> establish a DIGEST facility, enabling the user to receive his 24-hr output
> as one posting?

Personally, I prefer things as they are. Sure we have flurries from time to
time, blizzards even, but this list consistently offers the most interesting
reading of any I've seen, and digest format would slow it down, water it
down, and make it much more difficult to pursue a thread of discussion.

Also, 72 messages a day is nothing to complain about. I get more spam than
that in half an hour :-)

- Frank